This website takes advantage of the latest web technologies and backwards browser compatibility is not taken into consideration during the development process. Only the latest versions of the major browsers are officially supported. Even so, if you experience any issues, you can always report it to me. The website is not compatible with any version of Internet Explorer.
- macOS: go to “System Preferences”, open “Accessibility”, select "Zoom" under the "Vision" panel and select “Use keyboard shortcuts to zoom”
- iOS: tap “Settings” -> “General” -> “Accessibility”. Then chose "Zoom" and toggle the button to "On"
- Windows: press the Windows key and plus sign (+) at the same time to zoom in or use the “Magnifier” application under “Accessories”
- Alternatively, you can use “Cmd” ("Ctrl" on Windows) plus the plus (+) or minus (-) keys when you are in a web browser
A screen reader is a form of assistive technology (AT) which is essential to people who are blind, as well as useful to people who are visually impaired, or have a learning disability. Screen readers are software applications that attempt to convey what people with normal eyesight see on a display to their users via non-visual means, like text-to-speech, sound icons, or a Braille device. They do this by applying a wide variety of techniques that include for example interacting with dedicated accessibility APIs, using various operating system features (like inter-process communication and querying user interface properties) and employing hooking techniques. Popular screen readers are VoiceOver (for macOS and iOS), TalkBack (for Android) and JAWS for Windows. (Wikipedia)
To turn VoiceOver (macOS) on follow these steps:
- Click the button in the top left corner of your screen
- Select System Preferences and then Accessibility
- Select VoiceOver and Toggle "Enable VoiceOver"
- Alternatively, you can press Command-F5 to activate VoiceOver.
To turn VoiceOver (iOS) on follow these steps:
- Go to "Settings"
- Press on "General" followed by "Accessibility" and then "VoiceOver"
- Toggle "VoiceOver". Speaking rate can be adjusted on the page as well
To turn TalkBack follow these steps:
- Press both volume keys for 3 seconds.
- If TalkBack doesn't turn on right away, press both volume keys again for 3 seconds.
“Zoom”, “Magnifier”, “Colour Filters”, “Reduce White Point”, and “Classic Invert” are other tools on iOS that you can use. They can be found under the "Accessibility" section in the Settings app.
The website has implemented access keys for easier navigation:
- Home - "i"
- First Year - "f"
- Second Year - "s"
- Placement Year - "p"
- Hobbies - "h"
- Gallery - "g"
- CV - "c"
- Articles - "b"
- Archive - "r"
- Accessibility - "a"
The way to activate the access keys depends on the browser and its platform. More information can be found on MDN web docs.